Re: HDTVI

Al,

By chance do you have an amplified DTV antenna? The ones that I looked into
were broadband and can be easily overloaded by transmitters anywhere in the
60-700 MHz range. That will cause your DTV reception to drop off.

I have no trouble with QRM to my HDTV over the air reception here (25 miles
from most stations in Cincinnati). My 145/435 sat antennas are about 40 feet
away have no effect on the DTV. The 144.39 packet antenna is on the same
mast as over the air HDTV antenna and it does not bother HDTV either.

I can't put my finger on it, but there is a company out there that makes
VHF/UHF amateur band notch filters with "F" connectors to place in line with
a TV antenna. A filter of this type would need to be placed between the
antenna and any amplifying device to do any good.

Several companies make amateur high/low/band pass filters. One of them may
make a special one with the right connectors for you:
http://www.parelectronics.com/
http://www.dci.ca/?Section=Amateur
http://www.iceradioproducts.com/

Ernie
W8EH

--

Ernie Howard, Jr    W8EH    Middletown, Ohio
E-mail: w8eh@arrl.net