RE: tnc3s telem Ao-51

Hi Pedro,

First of all, you must get the TNC3S into kiss mode.  There are two methods,
either setting the dip switches behind to power it up in kiss mode, or if
you have set it to power up in OS mode, then issue the command "rskiss" with
any terminal program first, before running tlmecho.

I personally use the latter method as I use rskiss with WISP and tlmecho
while I need to use "tf" with alogger to capture PCSAT2 9600 baud telemetry.

Now, this is my configuration file for tlmecho (cpbini.txt)

;init file for TlmEcho
;com port number. Valid ports are 1 thru 8
port 2
;port data rate.  Must match the tnc
;supported settings: 9600, 19200, 34800, 57600, 115200
speed 115200
; y = init the tnc into kiss on startup
init n
; y = take the tnc out of kiss when program is quit, kissoff
kissoff n
; type of TNC.  'kpc' for kpc 9612, 'tapr' for tapr or pacomm or taper
equiv.
tnc = tapr
; Callsign is the Users Amateur Call
Callsign 9W2QC
; GridLoc is the Users Grid Locator
GridLoc OJ03TB
; Lat and Lon are the Users coordinates
;Lat 35.56
;Lon 86.76

port 2 ==> This is the com port of your TNC3S.  Its com 2 in my case.
speed 115200 ==> This is the speed the TNC3S communicates with your
computer.  Its 115200 in my case.
init n ==> This tells tlmecho not to send any initialization commands to the
TNC when it starts
kissoff n ==> This tells tlmecho not to bring the TNC out of kiss mode when
it exits
tnc=tapr ==> This is the only TNC type that seems to work

The other fields I guess are self explanatory.  Hope this helps and good
luck with tlmecho.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.