Re: AO-7 on a 24 hour schedule?

Thank you Drew for that insightful albeit overly simplistic response.

Later publications around 1978 (Tab Books et. al. ) indicate that the
24 hour timer has provisional programming to change modes when
battery levels decrease.  Since there are no batteries, it's not as
easy as you would have people believe that the state of the satellite
and its predictability is as cast in concrete as the 1976 document
would like everyone to believe.

There seems to be no definitive documentation that the builders or
control operators of the satellite have stepped up to quote.  So IMHO
anything published before 2002 is speculative at best.  Current
observations may confirm previous programming and that would be
terrific.  But I would propose that while it is out of eclipse, the
24 hour timer seems to set the mode, but the mode may change.

73,

Emily