Re: Oscar-7 downlink antenna help

My 10m receive antenna for AO-7 is a full-wave horizontal loop.  It
has worked pretty well without a pre-amp, but I'm thinking of adding
one up at the feed point for more gain.  This is a pretty small
antenna to install.

I have also used both my Cushcraft R-7 vertical and G5RV with some
success.  The G5RV has been modified with a SGC-237 auto antenna
tuner placed at the beginning of the ladder line.  I tend to feed a
bit of RF to it before the pass to allow the SGC-237 to optimize the
match.

-Freeman, N5FPP

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
     -- Sir Winston Churchill

On Jan 13, 2006, at 3:18 PM, John Meeks wrote:

> With AO-7 coming up in Mode A recently, I need to get something up
> in the air for the 10 meter downlink. What are my options? I am
> running an FT-847 without a tuner, so I'll need something resonant
> at 29.45. I've thought about a vertical or a sloper but can't seem
> to find any info on the web about what might give the best results.
>
> All suggestions appreciated.
>
> 73 de KC8ZFN
> John in EN75
> author.
> program!

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]