Re: ISS Repeater

Voice and packet tips, WF1F
http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/howtouseiss.html

ISS only supports one mode at a time.  If you hear
packet, then all other modes are OFF.

Packet, the default  Down 145.800 / 145.990 up
School voice         Down 145.800 / up is unlisted
Public voice         Down 145.800 / up, 145.200
Europe, 144.490 NA
Public voice 70cm     down 437.550 / 437.550 see chart
Cross band repeater down 158.800 / 437.800 up

Doppler on 2-meters (less than +/-3.3k)
If you have a FM radio with 5k channels steps, donít
bother with correcting Doppler.

Doppler on 70cm (less than  +/-10)
If you have a FM radio with 5k channels steps,
preprogram your radio with the channels listed below.

Power.
For 2-meters, try ERP of 25+ watts or more. HTís only
work from Mount Everest, Hawaii, South pacific, Mid
atlantic etc.  The closer you are to a big city, the
more power you need. Close means a city closer than
500 miles.

For 70cm, try ERP of 50+ watts.  (ERP means you
subtract your coax loss and add your antenna gain)
Power tips
http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/packetpower.html

Chart from N5VHO

Mem.     TX     -    RX
Ch A - 437.540 - 437.560  Acquisition of signal (AOS)
Ch B - 437.545 - 437.555
Ch C - 437.550 - 437.550  Time of closest approach
(TCA)
Ch D - 437.555 - 437.545
Ch E  -437.560 - 437.540  Loss of signal (LOS)

Rich,
your 5/8 has aprox 0 dBD gain.
your ht as aprox 4 watts output.
Assuming Zero coax loss your ERP is 4 watts
Only change dopper on 2mters plus / minus 2k,

http://mail.yahoo.com