Ft. Myers, Miami, and Orlando Hamfests SOON!!!

Hello all,

Florida is about to swing full speed into our hamfest season. On 1/21 there is the Ft. Myers hamfest, followed by the Miami Tropical Hamboree on 2/4 to 2/5. and the Orlando Hamcation the following weekend, 2/10-2/12. Miami is the Southeastern Division convention, and Orlando is the North Florida Section convention!

AMSAT will be present at all three of these shows. We will have the latest tracking software including Instantrack, SCRAP, Nova, and my personal favorite SatPC32. We'll also have the best satellite books available, including volumes on getting started on satellite, digital modes, and Mode S. Did I mention AMSAT hats, T-shirts, and Golf shirts? You can also join or renew your AMSAT membership, and donate to AMSAT projects of your choice.

If you've never worked a satellite, these are the shows to be at. We'll be doing demos on both the FM and the SSB LEOs, and maybe even the ISS or one of the digital satellites. This will all be done with the simplest equipment available, and there will be AMSAT Area Coordinators and members there to discuss what you can do to get on the birds. Depending on what hamfest you come to, you may even get to see one of the more exotic AO-51 modes worked, including SSB>FM repeater, and V/S repeater.

As always, AMSAT could use your help. If you can spare some time in the booth, or assisting with demonstrations or other activities, please call or email me for the Ft. Myers hamfest, Bill KD4FRB for the Miami show, or David AA4KN for Orlando.

Please come out and support your AMSAT organization any way you can, and most important enjoy the hamfests!

73, Drew KO4MA