From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Francesco Messineo
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:45 AM
To: Scott Avery WA6LIE
Cc: MM; Francesco Messineo; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] working ISS

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:59:39AM -0800, Scott Avery WA6LIE wrote:
> Francesco,
>
> IF you are trying to work paket on 2 meters, as said below, no Doppler
> correction should be needed. Doppler +-3kc on VHF.

No packet, I'm just trying to contact NA1SS on voice.

Having no feedback (like I have on a trasponder) I don't know how to
understand if I'm getting heard or not. I hoped someone else succedeed in
working NA1SS with a portable setup and could share some hints.
On LEOs trasponders my setup can be defined as "big gun" as I can put 25W on
a home made arrow like antenna. HI!

> This weekend, Bill McArthur will be operating on 437.550 SIMPLEX.

Someone else said 435.550, which one is right?

> Basically QRM is the problem. IF you were in Hawaii, you would be
> talking to yourself.

Indeed, I happened to talk to myself several times on SO-50 too some months
ago and I'm not in Hawaii.

73

Francesco IS0FKQ