Re: What Radio To Buy

Hi Diana
I have the Yaesu FT-8900 and just love this radio.  It has two
independent receivers and is full duplex.  If you just want to work the
FM satellites, this radio is great for that.  I started out using it in
the house, but have since moved it to the car.  What I really like is
the six Hyper Memories which allows you to set up both receivers, which
band to transmit on, output power, tones needed, and in VFO mode so you
can adjust the doppler without setting up multiple memories, all just by
pressing one button.  If you do not want the six and ten meter bands the
FT-8800 is the same thing in a dual-band model.

Dan N8DZM
#33913