Re: What Radio To Buy

For AO-51 you want something that is full duplex. That means you can receive on UHF while transmitting on VHF at the same time. Many of the newer mobiles will not do this. I use a Alinco DR-605T with good success here.

Feel free to e-mail me with which ones you are interested in and I can take a peek to see if they will do full duplex. I'm pretty local to you in New Port Richey, so maybe we could chat on on of the repeaters and save some phone bill. ;-)

73, Drew KO4MA