Re: OT,how to seperate mast sections

At 05:38 AM 1/10/2006, you wrote:

>My experience with the various liguid wrench products, leads me to believe you
>will die of old age first waiting for a heavy rust buildup to come apart. My
>remedy is heat, preferably from a acetylene torch, which I will assume you do
>not have acess to. I would then try a propane torch on a disposable propane
>bottle. Granted the finish on the mast will discolor, but it will come apart.
>Jerry VE6AB
>--

It works Jerry...and if heat alone doesn't work, pse let me amplify.

Get a length of PVC an inch or so shorter than the INSIDE section,
large enough to accept the section and leave enough room to drop in
some ice cubes, cap it.

Drop in the tube, ice cubes and water....have a friend hold the
inside tube with pliers or strap wrench...grasp the outside tube,
heat with a torch and twist..

Worked for me when heat alone didn't work..

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...