Re: Icom IC-970 for sats?

Kevin,

The IC-970 is generally considered to be the
"cream of the crop" for satellite rigs. I would
rate it as an 11 on a scale of one to 10.  I own
a 910H (and love it - I'd rate it 10 out of 1-10)
but if I could afford a 970 I would most likely
buy it.  It is a wonderful radio especially if
you can find the option modules. The only
downside is that it has a lot of cache and will
carry a premium price. Otherwise go for it.

Emily

At 07:33 PM 9/23/2004, Kevin Whitcomb wrote:
>Any of you actually using a 970 to work the sats
>or ISS? If so, how would you rate it and why?
>
>73's Kevin Whitcomb

W0EEC - CM87tm

Donate to AMSAT at http://www.amsat-na.com/donation.php
Support Project OSCAR - http://www.projectoscar.net