Re: Satellite-to-Satellite communications

Hi Joe,
I'm not involved in any significant way with the Eagle project, but I can say that if you go to the new functional requirements on the webpage at http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/eagle/FuncReqRev1.php you'll see the plan is for 100 khz on S band and up to 50khz on V band. We all fit fine on AO-40 in about 80 khz 98% of the time, and that was with 1 HEO up, not 2. I think the team will give us everything they can with what they have to work with. Frankly I'll take whatever we can get with P3E, Eagle I and II, and whatever else comes up. Not going to niggle over the details, as I'm worried that if we don't get help from OUTSIDE the AMSAT membership we can forget raising enough money anyways. I'm considering giving up QST and sending the extra money to AMSAT.

My comment on linking the satellites with 10-20 khz was just a gut-based guess on what type of uplink power would be required to crosslink 2 sats from the ground.

73, Drew KO4MA