Stand Alone Software for Packet

    Is anyone have good success with a software stand alone program,  for
example,  MixW2 for Rx and Tx of  packet?  I find this program VERY
insensitive to both local and ISS packet.  Perhaps I just don't have it setup
properly. ( Computer is PowerSpec 8822, Intel Pent 4,  2.53 GHz, Windows XP,
512 MB RAM, 80GB HD,  AC'97 Soundcard.)
  Are there other stand alone programs (no TNC required) that work well?  Pse
reply direct with any comments or suggestions.  Thanks, 73, Farrell Winder,
W8ZCF, Cincinnati, Ohio