Re: FM on ssb/cw designed hamsats

On 7 Jan 2006 at 17:26, AMRAD wrote:

> Dear Trevor and Luc,

> It does not import the number of members of AMSAT worlwide.
>
> The important is that all have the duty to contribute for the AMSAT.
>
> Unhappily nor of all make them, but all use the satellites of the AMSAT.
>

> This is the question!
>

> Mariano, CT1XI
>
> AMSAT-CT

Hi Mariano

I completely agree with you but there is various definition of the word "DUTY"
here is some.

1-An act or a course of action that is required of one by position, social
custom, law, or religion: Do your duty to your country.

2-
A-Moral obligation: acting out of duty.
B-The compulsion felt to meet such obligation.

3-A service, function, or task assigned to one, especially in the armed forces:
hazardous duty.

4-Function or work; service: jury duty. See Synonyms at function.

5-A tax charged by a government, especially on imports.

Regarding number 1 in some religions it is forbidden to killed another person
but there is places on earth where we killed people by law "capital
punishment"!

Regarding number 2: Your definition

Regarding number 3: Not relevant here

Regarding number 4: Not relevant here

Regarding number 5: My definition but instead of a tax i called it a fixed fee
included with a membership fee. Is is simple easy and those who don't want to
support will still be able to: as you wrote " Unhappily nor of all make them,
but all use the satellites of the AMSAT"

Is a 5$ contribution solve your problem? I made my duty! nobody will
questionned about that, but it is enough? i'm not sure! Here come my
suggestion.

In an ideal world all should work as per the books but reality reach us
quickly.

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE