Re: FM on ssb/cw designed hamsats

On 6 Jan 2006 at 9:21, Hans ZS6AKV wrote:

> So FM has a place in satellites. If we look at the number of votes Africa
> has at the ITU we are well advised to develop interest in amateur radio.
> > Hamsats are *not* a service to 'customers'.. they are experimental amateur
> > radio projects, which should encourage experiments and increase technical
> > expertise of radio amaters.

Achim, DH2VA/HB9DUN

Here is why i strongly suggest to let go our continental ego and put our forces
together in implementing a worldwide satellite construction fund where with a
small contribution added to our individual membership fee will generate a
regular yearly income.

If there is 2500 AMSAT-NA ( first time this number come out) members is it
realistic to evaluate about 10000 worlwide various AMSAT'S memberships?
Make the calculus 10000X30$=300000$...

Donations will never produce theses results on a regular and plannable basis.
This new AMSAT WORLDWIDE FUND will have to be structured in a way to fairly
represent "ALL" satellite interest. The past comments on this BB and the lack
of commenting by the individual AMSAT'S seems to demonstrate the need of a new
worldwide governing body to managed this satellite construction fund.

Speaking of well driven project here is a link from AMSAT-DL web page with an
incredible amount of pictures about the next HEO not our but the next... This
web page is maintained by Bob McGwier, N4HY

http://n4hy.smugmug.com/gallery/383989/

Achim says "> > My two cents... flaming? Yes please, HB9 ist getting freezy
right now :)" surely not as freezy as some AMSAT'S when just suggesting them to
"really" open themselves to the  world...

EG: the thread " Towards a true international AMSAT"

On 31 Oct 2005 at 14:41, Reicher, James wrote:

(Excerpt from the original post)

> The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation, also known as AMSAT, is a
> US-based corporation.  It can be no other, under the laws by which it
> was incorporated and under which it operates.  If you can tell me under
> what international government a group can be "internationally
> incorporated", I'll support that move.  Under the laws that govern this
> organization, those of the United States of America, it is possible to
> have a group that has non-US members and even non-US officers.  The
> "AMSAT-NA" that you refer to is a shorthand abbreviation that is used to
> easily identify the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation.  Other
> identifiers are used to identify societies in other countries, but only
> for ease of determining the countries in which they operate.
>
> Nowhere in the Bylaws or Articles of Incorporation does it say that the
> Corporation represents the interests of any country or continent.

I know it is a one guy personal comment but what about the rest of the readers?
Are they all in the silent "yes man" majority?

>From an AMSAT-NA member who wants to pay more for his membership to effectively
helping in satellite construction on a universal manner. I donate for flooding
victims, tsunami victims,disable groups...but i greatly prefer to fund/support
satellite projects.

There is people who still starve to death on this world and i have a hard time
in the concept of donating to an elitism group. I honestly believe it is
bending a lot the concept of an charitable organization when asking money
donation on this basis.

We can fool ourselves but not all the donors...end results just prove it.

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583