Re: FM on ssb/cw designed hamsats

On 6 Jan 2006 at 9:21, Hans ZS6AKV wrote:

> So FM has a place in satellites. If we look at the number of votes Africa
> has at the ITU we are well advised to develop interest in amateur radio.
> > Hamsats are *not* a service to 'customers'.. they are experimental amateur
> > radio projects, which should encourage experiments and increase technical
> > expertise of radio amaters.

Here is why i strongly suggest to let go our continental ego and put our forces
together in implementing a worldwide satellite construction fund where with a
small contribution added to our individual membership fee will generate a
regular yearly income.

If there is 2500 AMSAT-NA ( first time this number come out) members is it
realistic to evaluate about 10000 worlwide various AMSAT'S memberships?
Make the calculus 10000X30$=300000$...

Donations will never produce theses results on a regular and plannable basis.
This new AMSAT WORLDWIDE FUND will have to be structured in a way to fairly
represent "ALL" satellite interest. The past comments on this BB and the lack
of commenting by the individual AMSAT'S seems to demonstrate the need of a new
worldwide governing body to managed this satellite construction fund.

Speaking of well driven project here is a link from AMSAT-DL web page with an
incredible amount of pictures about the next HEO not our but the next... This
web page is maintained by Bob McGwier, N4HY

Achim says "> > My two cents... flaming? Yes please, HB9 ist getting freezy
right now :)" surely not as freezy as some AMSAT'S when just suggesting them to
"really" open themselves to the  world...

EG: the thread " Towards a true international AMSAT"

On 31 Oct 2005 at 14:41, Reicher, James wrote:

(Excerpt from the original post)
> The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation, also known as AMSAT, is a
> US-based corporation.  It can be no other, under the laws by which it
> was incorporated and under which it operates.  If you can tell me under
> what international government a group can be "internationally
> incorporated", I'll support that move.  Under the laws that govern this
> organization, those of the United States of America, it is possible to
> have a group that has non-US members and even non-US officers.  The
> "AMSAT-NA" that you refer to is a shorthand abbreviation that is used to
> easily identify the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation.  Other
> identifiers are used to identify societies in other countries, but only
> for ease of determining the countries in which they operate.
> Nowhere in the Bylaws or Articles of Incorporation does it say that the
> Corporation represents the interests of any country or continent.

I know it is a one guy personal comment but what about the rest of the readers?
Are they all in the silent "yes man" majority?

>From an AMSAT-NA member who wants to pay more for his membership to effectively
helping in satellite construction on a universal manner. I donate for flooding
victims, tsunami victims,disable groups...but i greatly prefer to fund/support
satellite projects.

There is people who still starve to death on this world and i have a hard time
in the concept of donating to an elitism group. I honestly believe it is
bending a lot the concept of an charitable organization when asking money
donation on this basis.

We can fool ourselves but not all the donors...end results just prove it.

that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE