RE: ISS Astronaut Schedule

Hi Ed,
Sad to say but McArthur has called CQ over Alaska several times with no
response. Alaska will be in a much more favorable pass position in a few
more weeks. Try running your predicts out to about Jan 22-28. ISS will be
making passes about 1900 UTC during that time which is about the time the
crew calls it a day and often Bill gets on the radio then.

 As for working a 15 degree pass...I guess you don't need a EL rotor. The
ISS crews have worked Antarctica on 7 degree max elevation passes (Palmer
Research station was using a vertical) so that is not an issue. It just
means you only have about 8 minutes vs. the nearly 10 minutes a higher pass
would afford.

Yes, the crews do sometimes jumps in the middle of a QSO when the ISS is in
crossband repeater mode.

True that many of the astronauts are not very active but Bill McArthur
currently has worked 56 DXCC entities and looking for many more, 39 States
(Alaska is one he still needs) and over 450 contacts to date. If you have
never worked an astronaut, don't pass up this chance. It may be a while
before we have another as active as McArthur. Keep in mind that he does this
in his free time.

To keep up with the latest operations in near real time, I suggest the
following websites.
http://www.issfanclub.com/
http://oscar.dcarr.org/index.php
http://www.ariss.net/