From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of VE3EMA, Harmen
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:57 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] G-5400B Elevation Rotor

Hi all,

Has anyone with a G-5400B elevation rotor experienced the Potentiometer
going out of alignment?
I suddenly discovered that zero degrees elevation is now reading 36 degrees
(.946 volts between E2 and E3, not 0 volts).

When I rotate the rotor 180 degrees, the needle shows 180 degrees elevation
long before the antenna is actually at 180 degrees. When the antenna reaches
180 degrees, the needle jumps to 0 and stays there, which would seem to
indicate the wiper of the pot is in a non conductive area.

It seems like the pot gear has jumped teeth similar to a timing belt on an
engine.

Harmen, VE3EMA