Re: FM bird logjam

WB4APR wrote:

I dont think it is fair to let an FM contact
via an FM repeater on a satellite count the same
as a hardwon DX VHF contact.

W9AE replies:

For awards, satellite and terrestrial contacts are always completely
separate.  There are awards for terrestrial radio contacts, and there
are different awards for satellite contacts.  I'm not aware of any
organization that lumps them together for awards.

Operating practices for satellite contacts are indeed different than for
terrestrial contacts.  But don't try to redefine what constitutes a
"2-way contact".  Most VHF/UHF terrestrial propagation modes are
significantly more rare than our ham satellite windows.  But nobody
tries to redefine what constitutes a contact just because a propagation
mode is rare.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA