Working the FM birds: memory channels for doppler compensation

Dear all,

We have discussed in the past days extensively how to improve the
change of successfully getting over the FM satellites. One of the basic
requirements is to compensate for Doppler. This can be done by a PC,
but also much more simple: I use for the FM birds memory channels:

For each of them I have programmed a series of channels. During the
pass I start with channel A, and then end with channel G. I simply select
during the pass for the best/strongest receive signal, and by doing so I will
have automatically the correct transmit frequency selected.

I use this for both my TS2000 and the THD7. Honestly, ISS does not need
the detailed steps below (A,B,C,D,E,F,G), only channels B,D and F would
also do fine. Nevertheless, I thought maybe someone would be interested to
try this out. For starters on these satellites I have written down my memory
settings for AO51 & ISS.

For those interested I can email my TS2000 file directly.

ps: my biggest recommendation for sat. operation: monitor your downlink !

Henk, PA3GUO
http://www.qsl.net/pa3guo

PA3GUO Memory Channel Examples (downlink/rx freq, uplink/tx freq)
ISS Digital/APRS
A 145.803 145.987
B 145.802 145.988
C 145.801 145.989