Try out Net Control on Experimenter's/QRP Day?

Back in the golden ages of Oscar 6, 7, and 8, a day a week was reserved for
QRP or experimental operations. Wednesday UTC if I recall correctly. This
gave the satellite a time to rest, and the designers to get a good idea of
how the satellite activity was affecting the health of the bird. It also
gave experimenters a chance to try different modes, ranging experiments, or
other exercises that would interfere with "normal operations".

We no longer do this, presumbaly because the health of the bird does not
warrant it. However, if we did have a day set aside for this type of
operation, we could try a net control operation on it.

As others have stated, Oscar 51 may not be the best bird to try this on, but
it seems worth a shot on one of the single channel birds. - Duffey
--
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008 DM65