Re: FM bird logjam

--- Kyle Yoksh <yokshs@totalusa.net> wrote:

> Seems to me that AO-51 is carrying the lion's share
> of all LEO activity,
> while SO-50 and the linear sats
> are under-utilized. Found myself calling CQ in vain
> lately on FO-29 and
> VO-52.

Kyle,

Don't forget that many members are limited to the sats
they have equipment for! I know several operators,
including myself, who have been operating portable FM
because they're away from home or their base station
for the holidays. I suspect you may see some more of
us back on the SSB birds in the next two weeks.

I certainly agree that those who DO have the equipment
and are passing up the SSB passes are missing out. My
most distant contacts have been made on these birds
because of their larger footprints and ability to hold
the uplink at very low elevations.

> See you on the sats?

Sure! FMs for now, SB sats next week!

73,