RE: definition of a big gun?

Big gun - The derogatory label applied to anyone who can work the stations
that you can't.

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael A. Tondee
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:32 PM
Subject: definition of a big gun?

Just curious with the talk about the ISS and A0-51 being dominated by big
guns. I'd like to hear some answers on what people consider a big gun
satellite station.
I'm talking in parameters of power, number of elements and gain of antenna,
antenna height etc. I know what I consider a big gun on HF but I really have
no clue what's considered one on satellites other than the fact that he's
not
a guy with an HT and an arrow antenna!
73,
Michael, W4HIJ