Re: NCS for ISS/FM leo sat's

You've got to think outside the box.

>> Any emergency of priority traffic?
>> Anyone operating portable tonight?
>> Any W3's?  W4's?   etc.... call now...
>
>by the time the NCS gets done checking in all of
>the above most of the people on the reserved
>list is out of the foot print...and... mad at the
>above who ruined their chance for a contact.

THe un-collided single transmission may be the
only transmission they get time for.  But in my
mind, we need to define a valid check-in as
a validated contact with everyone else that
got checked in.  Very efficient... and we could
quadruple the success rate.

>a orginized net will only work if you have... time
>to get "everyone" who is in the "foot print"
>checked in and are able to pass it around.
>much like what was done with the 40+ beacon
>net on AO-40

Need to think outside those boxes.  This isnt AO-40,
and this isnt HF, it is a totally different animal.  I'm
suggesting that we need to change our operating
modus-operandi to match.  Let me say it again:

1) Passes may be reserved by anyone willing
to be netcontrol via an automated WEB based
system.  He may sign up for a given activity
topic, or event, or method of taking checkins.

2) A perfectly valid session may be to simply
enable DX chasing and grids (using the
abbreviated process above).  Nothign wrong
with that.  But it is just more efficient.

3) If a net-control does not appear then any
one can seize the opportunity and take over.

The objective of the net-control is to control
the flow by asking for a smaller subset of
checkins at each transmission  to help limit
the collisions during each transmissions slot.

The overall objective is to improve efficiency
by matching the operating technique to the
limits of the resource.  ANd to present a better
side of Amateur Radio to those listening on
the ISS downlink.

de Wb4APR, Bob