FM bird logjam

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:11:50 -0800
> From: "Greg D."
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Crossband repeat on ISS
>
> AO-51 was utterly useless for the first few weeks it was open for
> use.  Now, it's possible to actually use it.

Hi all..

Seems to me that AO-51 is carrying the lion's share of all LEO activity,
while SO-50 and the linear sats
are under-utilized. Found myself calling CQ in vain lately on FO-29 and
VO-52.

Let's spread out and utilize all of the resources we have. You can work
SO-50 and AO-27 with the
same gear as AO-51. Have you worked 'em all?

Be courteous - Don't be a lid that cuts people off while they uplink, etc.
It's just plain rude. An FM
bird QSO is generally very short, so wait until it's finished before you
uplink. When you interrupt a
QSO in progress (but before a QSL is given), the operators have to resend
their message, which takes
longer than if you'd been courteous in the first place!

Don't forget that lots of folks are listening to the downlinks, even if they
never uplink. Some might be
discouraged when they hear the 'free for all', and decide against satellite
operation. This group also includes
scanner enthusiasts, current and future hams, and perhaps new dues-paying
Amsat members.

See you on the sats?

73,

Kyle Yoksh