Re: Crossband repeat on ISS

I think I have stood by the side long enough.
The way I experience it the problem is not net control or power but only
operating skills.
AO-14 used to be workable with a ht and arrow for 4 to 5 contacts per
pass over europe.
MIR crossband repeater was also workable with a ht and arrow.
 From what I heard on ISS crossband repeater the colision rate was far
less then bob discribed.
It´s still the same ISS and the number of stations trying to use it is
not likely to be any less then in the usa, the difference is that in
europe the stations trying to use ISS are mostly already used to working
sats so they will listen to the downlink while transmitting and unkey if
they hear they are not making it.

conclusion, focus your energy on education and not some wild idea of net
control on an already short pass.

73 de Andre PE1RDW