Re: NCS for ISS/FM leo sat's

>Well I have no regular Internet access  from May
>to October, [nor any] phone in camp ground.
>So under you plan I would have no way to work
>the  birds.

Not at all.  I think you missesd the whole idea.  My
guess is that most of the passes will get reserved
by net controls wanting to facilitate maximum
participatin by others.  Such a directed net would
go something like this:

Any emergency of priotity traffic?
Anyone operating portable tonight?
ANy RV'ers or campers or other unusual stations?
Any W3's?  W4's?   etc.... call now...

>Half the fun of the birds is hearing a new call
>working a new grid,

Which I agree.  And having a big gun net-control
operator who has signed up just for that purpose to
let other people (by invited category) make contacts
is what I figure will be the most popular passes.

I think everyone is missunderstanding what I mean
by directed-net.  ALl I mean is for one person to sign
up to take charge of a given pass and to moderate
it to facilitate the objective at hand.   There is nothing
in anything that I have said that would discourage
anyone from signing up to run passes whos sole
objective is to continue with the status quo free-for
all.  I would hope that many passes will continue to
operate that way.  As many have noted, that is
fun too. I'm only proposing a reservation system and one
person "in charge" to make things go smoothly for
whatever he signs up that pass to do.

>this Idea will cause more problems than it will fix

Yes, it will "squelch" the freedom of some operators
to hit their PTT anytime they want and to step on
and overpower others, but it could on the other hand
make for a more useful and gentlemenly channel to
be proud of.