Re: Crossband repeat on ISS

HAPPY NEW YEAR SATELLITE FOLKS!

I deleted the prior text on this topic but guess those interested have been
reading along.

I do not have much to add to Bob's suggestion other than we should try it!
The current Leo "free-for-all" is not working well, obviously!

I would point to the HF DX manager stations that "run a list".  i.e. a
strong Net station coordinates stations calling a rare DX station by asking
for callers from different call zones, countries, states, whatever way to
breakdown the number fo callers.  They then list the calls in order
received and give permission to call the DX station.  They work pretty well
with everyone waiting their turn.

Leo Net Controls or ISS Net Controls can work out a procedure as well (as
Bob explains).  I would guess that it would work on satellite when the word
gets out.  Net needs to have "horse power" to overwhelm any "cowboys" or
"free soles" that wander on frequency.  We have enough seasoned operators
with Big-Gun capability to act as Net Control.

One list might be that once you contact ISS you move to the end of the
list; that way more stations get a chance over time.

Since ISS only peeks above horizon for about ten minutes for Alaska and
less on the few other passes...chances to work ISS are far and few.  Since
I go to work daytime, the odds are nearly zero for me to work them.  The
good passes are about 0900-1100 utc in the middle of the night.  A NC List
would work really good for me as I could schedule my attempt loosing less
sleep!

Who will volunteer to be NC?  Someone needs to step forward to coordinate
this.
Give it a Try!
73's,
Ed - KL7UW