Re: Crossband repeat on ISS

At 05:46 PM 12/31/2005, Scott Avery WA6LIE wrote:
>You hit the nail on the head..
>Oh.. and one user at a time....
>It is useless most of the time here too!

It's funny you bring this up Scott, but I feel the same about APRS
and other digital modes.  There isn't anything different about them
since they still use an FM carrier.  They are really only one user at
a time.  If one station decides to put UI-View into Meteor mode and
run 50 watts (for example) it still means one station only.  I see
this far too many times.

That's why I still like SSB linear transponders.

73,

Emily