Preamp suggestions?

I realize this might be like a Kenwood vs.Yaesu question and answers might be
influenced by brand loyalty but as I'm working out my antenna system, I'm also
in the market for a 440Mhz mast mount preamp. Any thing to watch out for with
the different options out there? I've looked at Mirage, ARR, and DEM so far.
Some have RF sensing and bypass and some don't. The Mirage looks pretty decent
for the money and will bypass if transmitted into. Suggestions?
Tnx and 73,
Michael W4HIJ
AMSAT # 36017