Re: ATV from Space?

Hi AMSATs,

When you want to do ATV from space, then better be
sure of a GEO satellite and use 10GHz systems.

On 10GHz there is lot of commercial TV equipment
available.
The only problem you have to solve is the GEO place in
space.

We can already get into GTO's...
Now we need just a good rocket to get from there into
GEO...

Then I suggest a transponder, so we can use any kind
of ATV mode... It is also interresting for test of
high data rate links between continents, e.g for a
packet radio back-bone.

But I still wonder what the qso's will be on ATV...
Even when I had ATV here, I don't want to show my
shack full of electronics mess hahahaha...

Maybe a "Ham Discovery Channel" would be nice...
So all the world can learn from our hobby...

Making qso's is nice, but working on the technology is
better...

Just my 2 Euro cents,
73, PE1RAH, William
---