-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Devere, George T GS-14 AFSPC/XPYC
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:50 PM
To: Neil Melville; Ian Ashley; Radu Barza; Freddy Pranajaya;
missioncontrol@sseti.org; Amsat-bb; ncube@rocketrange.no;
STLee@calpoly.edu; operation@space.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp;
g.shirville@btinternet.com; Yohko; nakasuka@space.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp; Neil
Melville; graham@shirville.com; Marianne Vinje Tantillo
Cc: Randolph, Jason C GS-13 AFSPC/XPYC
Subject: [amsat-bb] RE: Update- New Object near SSETI

Neil- Been busy here- we have had a bunch of interesting launches in the
last few days!

Anyway, to answer your delta V question on the other Cubesats:  As you
know, we had some difficulty in identifying the two other Cubesats in a
timely fashion as they moved away from SSETI.  Because they moved away
fairly slowly, we have  large tangle of data.  By the time we were able
to discretely observe the two Cubesats, several days (almost a week) had
passed.  When we propagate backwards over this time span, we do not have
good confidence in our results.   We do  get results, but I have very
little confidence that they are valid numbers so I will not pass them
along.

So, I do not believe that we can help with valid delta V numbers for the
other Cubesats.  This does raise an interesting point for the future.
Perhaps there may be a way to eject these Cubesats with higher
velocities, so that they move away from the mothership more quickly.
This would greatly enhance our ability to discriminate them more
rapidly.  I am not sure how best to communicate this type of information
to the Cubesat community, so would appreciate any thoughts in this
regard.  Since anomalies can happen and the future Cubesat operators may
need to get information from us, it might be mutually beneficial to
investigate this further.  Please let me know what you think.

Finally, note that the new object continues to decay very slowly, again
indicating it has some mass. Our radar data suggests it is probably in a
very slow rotation. We may never know if it is N-Cube, but I strongly
suspect that it is.

Happy New Year to all

Taft

G. Taft DeVere, GS-14