RE: Have YOU responded to the Eagle Appeal?

Barry

Thank you for your post. I made the decision to double my president's club
donation to $600 for the year 2006 designated to the Eagle project. I
started a post to encourage others to start or increase their support of
Eagle and AMSAT-NA in general. Decided not to make that post, since almost
any mention of fundraising on the amsat-bb in the past has caused a dramatic
silence.

Your posting prompted me to share a few thoughts on AMSAT-NA funding in
general.

AMSAT-NA has about 2,500 members generating about $100,000 in annual dues
revenue. Annual organizational operating costs average about same $100,000.
The board and President Hambly have made this point on numerous occasions.
In order for AMSAT-NA to grow and launch new satellites we as members must
make a financial commitment in excess of the basic membership dues. In the
Eagle Appeal Letter from AMSAT-NA President Rick Hambly, W2GPS it was noted
that we need $150,000 for the 2006 just for Eagle. We could accomplish that,
with an average donation of $60 per member for the year 2006. AMSAT-NA and
we as members have a vision far greater than this.

Our hobby and this organization require us to provide the financial
resources necessary for launching future satellites. I encourage everyone to
make the effort to support AMSAT-NA to the best of their abilities.

Kim - AC7YY
AMSAT #26076