From: Kevin Smith [mailto:kevin.j.smith@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:20 PM
To: 'James C. Hall, MD'
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org; 'Edward R. Cole'
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Spirit-2 and FT-847

The Spirit 2 is capable of 9600 and 38400 baud operation.  Pin 7 needs to be
grounded and JP11 set for 9600 for the Spirit 2 to both transmit and receive
at 9600 baud.  If pin 7 is ungrounded, then receive will operate at 38400
baud while transmitting at 9600 baud; i.e. ""same speed" communication will
not be possible".  I installed a switch in the Pin 7 line to switch between
grounded and ungrounded operation. Now here is what confuses me.

Did you see on page 15 where it says for pin 7 to ground it to pin 6 to
activate the dual speed feature of the satellite model?  This seems to
contradict what it says on page 60.  Should pin 7 be grounded to pin 3
instead?

Kevin