RE: ATV from Space?

>>> William Leijenaar <pe1rah@yahoo.com> 12/29/05 6:29 PM >>>
>I just wonder what the pictures will be...
>With a repeater... you get the same problems
>like the FM voice birds. I wonder if you ever
>see a clear picture with many uplinks on this
>one channel.

It would be full duplex so people can see
who is successful and not TX while another picture
is there.  But more importantly, we would not
operate this repeater like AMSAT does.  We would
have it be a scheduled system with a net control
operating as a directed net.

He would invite stations one at a time.
There would be no collisions on the uplink because
only one station would be invited to transmit
at a time.  Other events could be scheduled
and planned.  It would be up to the net control
on each pass what the operations would do.

Net controls would sign up for given passes
on given days via a WEB based scheduling
system.

Yes, as you continue to note in your email,
these additional infomation dissemination goals
would be done also....  Bob

............Original message continues................

I would go for a simple telemetry system like RTTY or
the AO40 alike 400bpsk that gives 24/7 information
about activities in ham world. With ham world I mean
from all ham clubs and activities around the globe.
(it can be collected via email to the satellite
control station and in bulk uploaded in the satellites
memory).

The only thing how we use our satellites is with
making qso's...
Another good thing you can do with a satellite is to
broadcast information to hams. Unfortunatly we still
use the commercial internet or local club magazines
for this. What would not be more interresting to read
the dayly or weekly ham news directly from a
satellite...

This will atracts hams as well as none-hams (when we
use a not to complex mode) and is informative for all
of us.

Just another idea... :o)

73 de PE1RAH
William Leijenaar