From: James C. Hall, MD [mailto:heartdoc@nwtcc.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:01 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Cc: 'Kevin Smith'
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Spirit-2 and FT-847

Kevin:

Check your manual on page 60 (the very back part specific to the Spirit
[which they call Sprint !]) and see if you understand the section in
troubleshooting called 'Satellite model transmits but will not receive'.

This seems to be stated in the opposite ie. It states that if pin 7 is not
grounded then 'same speed' communication will not be possible. Page 15
states that grounding this pin activates the dual-speed feature of the
Satellite model. Huh ?

It looks like I need to check jumper 11.

How do you read this ? This is a very confusing section !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL