RE: West Coast Pileups on ISS

>From: Emily Clarke <w0eec@amsat.org>
>I know this will start a firestorm of comment and I apologize in advance if
>the LEO/HEO wars start again. But these experiments show that LEOs are
>popular.

What it shows is a preference for satellites that can be worked on modest
power levels without the need to put up large antennas and that uses rigs
hams already have in their shack. In the case of the ISS Repeater 30 watts
to a simple omni-directional antenna works fine.

A happy New Year to you all.

73 Trevor M5AKA
Daily Amateur Radio RSS News Service: http://www.southgatearc.org/
Add News Service to your Website: http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm