Re: AO51 APRS digipeat

HI Paul,

I found the best method while testing this mode was to use the TlmECHO telemetry program to copy the downlink.  I have a 50% to 75% success rate on getting a digipeat depending upon activity and the pass.

My uplink was a D700A running 10W into a J-pole.  Downlink is an 8 element yagi, pre-amp, fixed 25 deg elevation and azimuth tracking via FT-847 into modem then TlmECHO.
Downlink is only 290 mW, so a very good receive system and S/N is needed.

I will be doing some more testing, but haven't been very successful using my TH-D7A and Arrow to copy packets.
I suggest using TlmECHO to get a feel for what you will see and how often then experiment to see what you can copy with other equipment.

Here is some text from the TlmECHO output from a US pass this morning.

My UNPROTO was  ALL via PACB-1

PECHO-60  > WA4AEJ-11:`­C
12/24/05 9:52:46 AM
PECHO-11  > QST-1    :<BBS Broadcast>