Re: Attenuation from trees?

Hi all,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Trees are bad :-)
If we take UHF as frequencies from 300 MHz to 3000 MHz
you better stay away from trees in the path between you and
the satellites.
At about 195 degress AZ I have 4 large weeping birch trees.
Even in the winter signals from AO-51 at UHF are about 10 to
20 dBs lower than in other directions.
I have a chain saw but the trees are not on my property.

The attenuation is remarkable on 435 MHz and even more on
2.4 GHz.

Hope to hear a lot of you in the new year on P3E.

73 OZ1MY
Ib