Re: Attenuation from trees?

At 05:43 PM 12/24/2005 +0000, Steve wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>	I'm having a discussion with a friend about the effect of trees on the 70cm
>downlink from AO51, SO50, and AO27. I have a few trees and it doesn't seem
>all that bad to me. I wonder what other folks experience has been. If you
>have a problem, what have you done to overcome it?
>
>Merry Xmas etc. to all.
>Steve .. AI7W
>lm #2270

Answer:
1)  Tall Towers
2)  Wait for satellite elevation to rise above trees
3)  Chainsaw

If your trees are few, loose leaves in fall, or are thin you may get away
with shooting thru them on UHF.  That will not work on 1.2 GHz+

Merry Christmas (oh Santa just flew over heading south....yeah he has APRS)
73's,
Ed - KL7UW