RE: Attenuation from trees?

Steve,

I live on the edge of a large stand of trees.  The difference between wet
trees in the summer, and dry, leafless trees in the winter is about 10-15
degrees on my radio horizon in that direction at 70 cm.  Basically, you
either get a chain saw, or learn to live with it.  ;)  Of course, there is
seldom a sharp cutoff in the signal, and intermediate seasonal and weather
conditions modulate the effect.

You might check the archives.  This comes up from time to time, and has
included discussions of the effects of such things as the size of the leaves
and needles, etc.

Alan
WA4SCA