From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: 12/24/2005 1:18 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] ISS: How does the D700 switch uplink freqs ?

Most likely Bob has the answer to my qustion, but since I
thought more of us would be interested I post it here:

Onboard the ISS the Kenwood D700 is used.
Region 1 uplink is 145.200
Region 2&3 uplink is 144.490

Assuming the D700 switches automatically, how is
that done, using GPS information that triggers the
correct channel to be used ?

Henk - PA3GUO
pa3guo@SPamsat.org
http://www.qsl.net/pa3guo