Re: Re: AO51 Digipeater Trial Test

>>> Patrick Green <pagreen@gmail.com> 12/20/05 10:11 PM >>>
>I was able to hear my posit on the most recent pass
>just once.  Saw KB2M-3 a couple times.  Didn't decode
>much of anything.

Yes, we expect this capability to be just a nice to have for
those remote or wilderness travelers that simply want to
get a posit or a quick one-line Email into the APRS system.
I am on travel and so have not been able to test, so I am
not sure how it is implemented.

But it is important to note that unless ECHOadded special
software, then the full duplex digipeater would react instantly
with no delays at all so the sender of a packet will rarely if
ever see his own packet unless he is also running full duplex.

The value of this systemn will be when we have enough
9600 baud IGates so that a one-line email sent from the
frontn panel of a D7 or D700 will get delivered.  And of
course the position and status of users will show up on
FINDU.COM.

Just some thoughts.
Bob, WB4APR
73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.