RE: D-star, and Cute 1.7

Hi AMSATs,

Its nothing real special on RF base, only on digital
base.
It takes more bandwidth and also for single user
use... or did I miss the multi-user option ???

A better and more interresting technology is CDMA.
This mode also uses higher bandwidth, but has no
problems with interference from other (small band)
signals. In CDMA mode a small band RF signal is
deliberatly made wideband with a special digital code.
The receiver will only receive the signal that uses
the same code.

Because of this the CDMA system can handle more than
one-station using the same frequency :o) I am not sure
if this mode can be used in ham bands, but the
technology is quit good. All the coding and decoding
can be made in an easy way, without DSPs and
microprocessor logics...

Just wondered if anyone tought about this as a
solution for the "aligator" and interference problems.

Just an idea...

73 de PE1RAH
William Leijenaar
---