Re: New England Listen for Balloon!

In a message dated 19/12/2005 13:24:56 GMT  Standard Time,
lucleblanc6@videotron.ca writes:
On 18 Dec 2005 at 9:57,  Robert Bruninga wrote:

>> A High altitude balloon was launched  Saturday
>> from the USA and did not burst.  It  is now  300 miles
>> out over the atlantic and headed towards europe at
>> 136 MPH:

>As per weather maps the balloon seems to be in  the jet stream! He can make
it
>to europe if he survive high winds with  some down draft blocking him to
reach
>high altitude.

Luc, I have been monitoring the band all last night and all day Monday and
still not heard anything but we are still hoping. I know I can hear the
frequency at distance as I picked up the Navy Academy's callsign via NO-44 I
believe though I did not know the satellite transmitted on 144.390 MHz  direct
unless the balloon as a repeater on it?