From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:57 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] New England Listen for Balloon!

A High altitude balloon was launched Saturday
from the USA and did not burst.  It  is now 300 miles
out over the atlantic and headed towards europe at
136 MPH:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wb8elk-11

We need beams on the east coast to see how far
they can hear it.

Right now 9:55 AM EST it is  at 110,000 feet and
headed NE at 132.3 MPH ...  It is east-southeast
from Cape Cod and about 280 miles off shore but
still being heard...by an APRS station KB1AEV-15

Raw packet:
WB8ELK-11>APOT02,KB1AEV-15*,WIDE2-1,qAR,N1OFZ-15:
/181440z4022.54N/06450.07WO073/115/A=110178 05.0V 03C HDOP00.8 SATS1

**********************
The University of Alabama - Huntsville Balloonatics group have launched a
balloon which has got stuck. It is hovering at 61,000 feet or thereabouts
over
the TN/VA border.

If anyone wishes to listen on 146.565, I am sure that Bill would be very
pleased to get any signal reports directly at wb8elk@aol.com.

Check out this URL (I've been unable to get findu to print the whole of the
flight track on one page):
<http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi?call=wb8elk-11&start=5000> .

Hopefully, though I think unlikely,... the APRS will burst into life
tomorrow
morning too, and will update the map.

Iain   KI4HLV