Re: SDR-1000 (was FT-847 discontinued?)

Howard Long wrote:
> Embedded DSP real time operating systems are typically light weight and make
> Windows look like batch processing (remember that?). The only way you're
> going to achieve full break in CW is to dump Windows I'm afraid.

For those who are familar with echolink, and have tried to participate in a QSO
over echolink where you are comming into a repeater or link, probably have seen
this.  If the people on the RF side don't allow a delay between transmissions
that exceeds the delays for buffering that you have configured, you can't get in
to transmit.

QSK would be sort of possible, but there would be some significant issues with
the delays.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW