RE: SDR-1000 (was FT-847 discontinued?)

Howard,

I agree completely...  :-)    Windows is very 'fat'!
And time-slices rather than being interrupt driven,
I dual boot into Linux for the (semi)Real Time stuff.

Before retirement I supported various flavours of Unix. I'd
run Solaris but for the problems of cross-porting software.
Thank the software gods for Java :-))

Folks... please I don't want to start a WIndows-Unix war...
it's just my personal opinion.

Dave KK7SS