Re: FT-847 discontinued?

Having bought my FT-847 back in 1998, I am hoping it will last for a lot
more years.  I understand that it is the unavailability of the Final power
module that is the problem for Yaesu to continue production.  Can anyone
confirm that and is it the VHF or UHF module?

One might go looking for suppliers that still stock the module, I guess.
Or prehaps a ham designer will come up with a substitute module and sub-pcb
that can be inserted into the radio when the original device gives up?

I suspect that the FT-847 will have a following similar to the FT-736R.
One should expect the market value for used FT-847's to rise over time
(just like the FT-736R did).

If Yaesu comes out with a replacement satellite rig I suspect it will be
HF-6m-144-432 like the FT-847.  Perhaps a better radio would be 6m-144-432
with tracking duplex crossband operation and an outboard cabinet to add
222, 903, 1268-1296, 2400 modules?

My guess Yaesu might wait till P3E to launch a new satellite rig?
73's,
Ed - KL7UW