Icom AG25 mod

What you need to do is add an external feedthrough and apply the bias at the location where it is fed to the inernal regulator after removing the connection of the choke from the Transceiver RF output. If you do this, be aware that unlike the SSB electronics models, the AG-25 (etc) dont have a VOX circuit, so if RF comes up the feedline from a transceiver, the RF transistor will blow out!

Message: 19

    Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:20:01 -0700
    From: Jerry Clement <stormchaser@shaw.ca>
    Subject: [amsat-bb] Icom AG25 mod

    - -

    I should have explained more to the point what I am looking for. I
    am aware I
    could use a bias T, however what I was really after is a way of
    powering the
    AG25 on and off right on the internal board. I saw this exact mod
    but not sure where. I do not want to do it through the coax. I have
    a Advanced
    Receiver Research , Model MSP432VDG-160 that has a external power
    that is what I want the AG25 to do, or I will purchase another 2
    meter ARR.
    Thanks to everyone who emailed me
    Jerry VE6AB

Joe Leikhim K4SAT