Re: SDR-1000 (was FT-847 discontinued?)

Joe,

I have about a 300msec delay with my Creative Extigy and a
1.4GHz Centrino chip set Laptop.

The faster the CPU and the better the sound card the less the
delay...

They do have a website and a forum you could search.
If I remember correctly the web site is
www.flex-radio.com

On the front page, halfway down they're advertising a "Ready
to run" SDR-1000 bundled with Dell Optiplex PC and Delta 44
Sound Card. So I guess that's the favorite configuration of
the day...

The problem for high speed CW lies in the inherent delay with
the DSP processing algorithms. IMHO because of that delay
it's not yet a serious contest rig YMMV!!

Usual disclaimers apply...

I have now donned my asbestos suit :-\

Dave KK7S